Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Wake up Wednesday....


I am calling today my wakeup Wednesday....last night I really began thinking of me ! I know that sounds funny but it was time to do a little soul searching. Recently we moved to M and have found the adjustment really easy on some parts and extremely difficult in other ways. They say the church is the same where ever you go...that is true, the same gospel principles are taught and we are all trying to do what is right...BUT the people can be so different. I am really missing my old ward. Don't get me wrong people here in M have been really nice, and I KNOW it is going to take some time till I feel the new ward is my own but it is all an adjustment. I have to continue to remind myself of this great little quote ( Thanks Christal)
"if you judge people, you have no time to love them."
I really need to push myself to find out who they really are and love them for them. I find it so easy to quickly make a assumption when you really have no idea. I began to think what others think of me. Am I happy and offer a smile whenever possible? Am I putting myself out there enough? Am I being my best self? Getting involved in the ward is going to be fun and exciting and I really do look forward to making lasting relationships. I hope and pray my new calling in the enrichment is going to turn out to be awesome.
" Come what may and LOVE IT"
Question? I need some advice, recently big H has started wetting the bed, it is so frustrating because he would go weeks and weeks without an accident and now it happens more nights then not....any advice? Do you get mad? I really think he is just being lazy...but I am so sick of washing bedding...HELP !
Also when do you make your kids give up there soothers? I know this is up for great debate, Little G man is totally TOTALLY addicted to it. He wants it constantly, not just at nap time and he will be two next month ? Do I just let him have it, get rid of it cold turkey or what? Big H wasn't nearly as addicted and at about two we just told him he was a big boy and it was broken....one or two nights crying and he was fine.
Hope you all have a great day being your best SELF

6 comments:

Mackenzie Family said...

Hey Tiff,
Jaydyn had a soother and we HAD to take the thing EVERYWHERE. I could not even drive the 20 mins to town and we had to have it. She had it until after Mandy's wedding and she was past 2. She saw me throw one away one day that was gross and SHE decided that she was going to throw them away. I kept a couple for just in case and then they were done within a week. They have to kinda be the ones to choose. I am glad that Kady never wanted one though. Hope it helps you out. I have no ideas on the bed wetting though.

dresselfamily.blogspot.com said...

hey there
i have no advice on the bed wetting, i wish i did. I have to say regarding you though, that from the 1st time i met you, i thought you were awesome. Someone i would WANT to be friends with. You were so cute and bubbly and i wish we would have gotton to know each other better. Now i am going to be int he same situation.. moving away, and starting all over again. I love what you wrote, it's true. Be your best self and come what may and love it. Thats was such a great talk, and i love the saying now... mmmyy, maybe i need to get some vinly from you with the saying :)

Lynn said...

I too love that saying! I have been saying it even before Dean lost his job two weeks ago......now I must really "walk the talk". : D

I love this post. I think we all can use reminders like this one. Great thoughts!

About the soother thing....I think what you did with your oldest is a good idea. We just told the kids that they no longer need it and after a few bits of crying, they realized we meant it and they were done.

Another idea, maybe to use an incentive. A new toy or something that he picks out at the store. (Nothing expensive). Just something that he can cuddle with or play with for going one or two days without his old "friend". And hopefully forgets about once his new friend is introduced.

I think commitment and consistency or following through on the "deal" is the key.

I hear your frustration on the bed wetting. We also had a couple of our children, digress too. I found out from the doctor, that some children's bodies grow faster than their bladders do......especially when they are going through a growth spurt. It's very frustrating, and is gross (; D ), but it's just something that takes time. I would check with your doctor first to rule out any medical problems (ie. Bladder infection) and then maybe go from there.

Just some little advice from me. LOL!

Christal said...

great post its so hard sometimes though eh! I still struggle with my ward and that was just a move across town! IT all takes time.
As for bed wetting L did it for about a year we finally put her back in a diaper at night cause it wasn't good for any of us to get to mad about it cause it totally feels like its on purpuse eh! By the time she was four she was fine! And soother cold turkey is what happened with L but she was three and it wasn't aloud of the bed either then one day we couldn't find any and that was it!! Cold turkey!
Well good luck with all of it! Maybe see you this weekend sat morn at the craft show?!

Jodi Pilling said...

I have NO advice for you on the soother thing...as my kids wouldn't take one. But one thing I know about kids no matter what the situation...YOU HAVE TO BE CONSISTENT! If you say it is only for bed time...then you HAVE to stick to that...even through the crying and tantrums. If you have to lock yourself in your room till you can get control and deal with the drama.

Bed wetting...it isn't healthy for your or H to get mad about it. I really think it his bladder hasn't grown enough yet to make it through the night. We had the same problem with Tyson. Just put a pull up on him and you will both feel better about the situation.

I don't know what it is like to move to a new ward...and I don't think I would like it. LOL! YOu get comfortable with who you know and the dynamics of your ward and change can be hard. But it can be GOOD too. Just be yourself and people will see that and that will make it easier. Chin up sista...I don't know anyone who wouldn't want to be freinds with you! Your GREAT!!

Mary said...

So fun to hear you!

New wards--we moved 8 times in five years and I've lost count of the number of wards I've been in total. My experience is that it takes a full year to feel like you really "belong" and are part of the old crew, but I guess that depends. We always try to have people over as soon as possible and that helps us. We've been in our new ward six months and I'm still meeting people, but I'm coming to LOVE it! I know you will too.

Bed wetting--I'm so there with you girl. I'm doing two loads every day of just peed on bedding. Uhh, I finally just about put diapers on Bridget during the day and night . . .but moving does affect the little ones too, so I think H is just adjusting to a new place . . . Bridget has relapses in about everything when we move . . . sleeping, pacifiers (I'll expound on that one next) and potty training (I've been at it with Bridget 1.5 years and she is still consistently having an accident on average at least every day. I called my Mom crying about it last week. My heart goes out to you girl. I'm so there with you. A friend who has 9 kids recently comforted me with this thought "by the time they are in highschool, you can guarantee they will be potty trained" --ha! darn.

Soothers---Bridget was seriously addicted. Finally when she was almost 3, Nick and I decided it had to. She only used it at naps and night time. Anyway, she didn't nap and cried that night for 2 hours. The next day no nap, cried for 30 minutes, and then that was it. Now, the naps went, although she was older, but the night was totally fine. Every kid is different, for sure. But I wish you luck!!